The South of Perth Yacht Club, located in Perth Western Australia, is seeking a high calibre Club Coach.
The position of Club Coach has been established to provide a high degree of professional sports coaching, leadership and mentoring to members of SoPYC. The role will take ownership of all coaching activities at the Club, reporting to the General Manager and working in close consultation with the member based on-water committees.
The focus and drivers for the position will be SoPYC’ s objectives of providing:
A strong participative boating and sailor support culture.
Retention and growth programmes resulting in current and future sailors of all abilities enjoying their sport.
Providing clear sailing pathways and development programmes.
Professionally conducting and expanding SoPYC’ s on water event programmes and activities.
Role and Responsibilities:
The key function of the Club Coach is to develop coaching programmes and development pathways that meet sailor's sporting needs and aspirations while meeting the objectives and strategies of the Club. The Coach will support the sailing committees within the Club to grow the sport of yachting in all its forms.
Specifically, the Club Coach’s responsibilities will be:
- To develop, plan and implement successful coaching and coached programs in alignment with the Australian Sailing Pathway.
- To grow club sailing competition and enjoyment at all levels.
- To coach junior, youth and senior sailors.
- To represent the club in the community and promote competition and enjoyment in sailing.
- To engage and manage contract coaches in accordance with SoPYC policies.
- To coach sailors to high levels of performance for state, national and international competition.
- To assist in developing a coaching budget.
- To be an active participant within the Training and Development Committee.
- Provide support and communicate with club captains and elected club volunteers.
- To follow SoPYC’s Core Values of Excellence, Equality, Empathy, Honesty, Accountability and Transparency.
The position will report to the General Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Nationally accredited coaching qualifications and experience.
- High quality interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated, successful, coaching experience across all levels of the sport.
- Police Clearance – Working with Children.
- International coaching experience.
- International/national competition experience.
The position is permanent with statutory leave and agreed leave to attend agreed professional development programmes.
Remuneration will be negotiated at a level appropriate to the skills and experience of the successful candidate.