Squad Coach - hours of coaching, more opportunities available in other areas.
Norwood Swim School is the training provider for the Norwood Swimming Club, one of the strongest and most competitive Clubs in South Australia.
Norwood Swim School offers a high quality Swimming Squad Training program with a team of dedicated coaches. We have more than 150 competitive club members from Junior Squads through to National Standard Athletes.
Reporting to the Head Squad Coach, the coach is responsible for assisting the squad swimming program, acting as the Lead Coach for squad swimmers and providing leadership and program support to a team of highly dedicated Coaches.
The role will design and implement coaching programs to suit all ages and abilities and ensure the development and smooth progression of swimmers through the squad levels. You will be expected to embrace our values and drive the vision of the Norwood Swim School and Norwood Swim Club.
Maximising the potential of every swimmer to achieve their goals will be of upmost importance. As well as building a team environment for swimmers and coaches, being supportive of one another, enhancing the program and providing a safe and supportive environment for all.
A Bronze licence (or equivalent) coaching qualification is essential, along with swimming coaching experience, preferably at State and National Level.
- Ability to engage and motivate
- Effective leadership skills & team development
- Strategic and inspiring
- High level of communication, interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Positively identifying and developing talent
- Actively support swimmers at regular competitive meets
- Effective communication with swimmers, parents and staff
- Ability to work under pressure
- Proven ability to be resilient
- Capacity to build and maintain relationships
- Time Management skills, ability to work unsupervised, an acceptance of irregular and long hours, as well as a capacity to travel domestically as required for competition
Duties can include:
- Provide personal coaching and training programs to various squad levels
- Maintain athlete records
- Liaise with Fitness/Strength & Conditioning Staff on programs for various squads
- Ensure the holistic development of athletes in the aspects of sub-elite sport
- Assist in the development of strategies for talent identification
- To attend relevant squad program competitions and functions
Applications should include the following:
- A covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- A resume detailing your qualifications and work history