- Exciting opportunity to utilise your passion for sports and recreation
- Join a dynamic and collaborative team
- Utilise your sports program experience
The Sports Dome & Aquatics Division of Tamworth Regional Council delivers a range of high quality sport and recreation services to the community. It is an exciting time to join the Division with works having commenced on phase one of the $17.2M Northern Inland Centre of Sporting Excellence - a ground breaking development for the Region which will include an outdoor velodrome and criterium track, a new Athletics Centre and an extension to the Tamworth Sports Dome to include additional indoor synthetic courts.
We are currently seeking the services of an enthusiastic team player, with proven customer service skills, who has a passion for sports administration.
The purpose of this position is to assist in the development, operation and administration of activities and programs at the Tamworth Sports Dome and aquatic facilities.
Other key duties will include:
- Coordinating events and promotional campaigns
- Managing customer requests and bookings
- Assisting with the development of business initiatives across sports venues
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role
- Certificate III in Sport and Recreation or Event Management OR equivalent relevant experience
- A current drivers licence
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of stakeholders
If you would like to use your enthusiasm for delivering outstanding sport and recreation programs then apply today!
This position has been classified as a Grade 10 with a salary range of $1,075.10 to $1,163.30 plus superannuation based on a 38 hour week. Hours shall be on the basis of a 38 hour week arranged as 152 hours within a four week roster.
Shortlisted applicants will be required to undertake a Pre-employment Medical Screening including Alcohol & Other Drugs Testing.
Please contact Peter Watling on 02 6767 5030 if you have any questions about this position.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Wednesday, 20 March 2019.
Tamworth Regional Council is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and Cultural Diversity.
Planning Today for Tamworth Tomorrow - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1ecpMGlJD8