We have a position open at Waverley Gymnastics Centre (WGC) for the role of Child Protection and Club Policies Compliance Manager (CPM).
This role encompasses leading, developing, managing and implementing all aspects of Club policy and processes with a particular focus on child protection and O H & S.
The CPM will join a highly talented and dynamic team and be working closely with staff, committee, volunteers, parents to ensure WGC is fully complaint in all aspects of their policies and procedures. In particular the CPM is to ensure that WGC is not only complaint but achieves best practice with the Victorian Child Safe Standards.
To work with the WGC Director, Senior Management, Staff and club members to achieve the following:
- Ensuring all WGC Policies and Procedures are both compliant with all relevant authorities as well as being user friendly.
- Ensuring all staff have been appropriately trained/educated to uphold and follow all WGC Policies and Procedures.
- Ensuring WGC is not only compliant with the Victorian Child Safe standards but achieves best practice.
- To provide a safe environment for gymnasts to safely enjoy learning gymnastics.
- Communicate effectively with parents, athletes, coaches, volunteers and staff including providing timely and up to date information.
- Manage conflict resolution in a positive and respectful manner.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to promote WGC Child Protection and all relevant policies.
- Lead staff meetings in regards to Child protection and Policy, ensuring engagement with all staff for positive collaborative decision making with clear allocation of responsibilities and accountability.
- Attend WGC all staff, program and parent meetings as required.
- Ensure correct, timely and detailed reporting and follow up of any incidents or breaches of WGC policies.
- Represent WGC where appropriate at Gymnastics Victoria (GV), Gymnastics Australia (GA) &/or various stakeholder meetings
This position is a Permanent Part time contract position for 15-20 hours per week for a period of 12 months. There is potential for this role to continue after the 12 months contract.
Please see the attached job description for futher information.
Waverley Gymnastics Centre (WGC) is a leader in High Perfomance Gymnastics in Australia. WGC is the only High Performance Program in Australia to have had Gymnasts selected to represent Australia at the last three Olympic Games (last three Commonwealth Games and the 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2014,2015, 2017 and 2018 World Championship.
WGC is an established gymnastics club with a membership base of over 1800 members with an excellent reputation that has been delivering high quality gymnastics services for over 25 years. We are very proud of our track record of hiring and supporting outstanding coaches, management and administrative staff.
We are delighted to have been awarded a 5 star rating by Gymnastics Australia as well as consistently achieving exceptional results in State, National and International streams of gymnastics. We have a number of competitive squads training at Waverley Gymnastics Centre ranging from junior to senior across all streams of competitive gymnastics.
Waverley Gymnastics Centre (WGC) is committed to promoting and protecting the interests and safety of children and has zero tolerance for child abuse.