Gymnastics Australia (GA) is the national governing body for gymnastics within Australia. Its mission is to promote, develop and grow gymnastics for the enjoyment of all and as a result has achieved 17 years of consecutive growth in membership. GA encompasses seven gym sports comprising women’s and men’s artistic gymnastics, rhythmic gymnastics, trampoline gymnastics, aerobic gymnastics, acrobatic gymnastics, and gymnastics for all.
Gymnastics provides opportunities for all Australians, from learning the fundamentals of movement at a grass roots and local level, through to opportunities for high performance athletes to excel at Olympic and Commonwealth Games. GA has a strong relationship with Sport Australia, the Australian Institute of Sport, Australia Olympic Committee and Commonwealth Games Australia institutes and a commitment and involvement in partnering with the state and territory organisations across Australia.
GA is an organisation committed to creating diverse, inclusive, capable, connected, and a supportive community. GA strongly promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children and young people, including those with a disability and those of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander backgrounds.
Our organisation is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. We require all applicants who are to work with children and young people to undergo a screening process prior to appointment, a process that may include, but is not limited to, comprehensive reference checks, an identity check, a ‘working with children’ or equivalent check and/or a ‘national criminal history record’ check.
The GA Board has a commitment to strong governance and best practice and is currently seeking applications to appoint a new Board Director specifically with a strong background and experience in commercial finance. This position is for a 3-year term.
We are seeking candidates with national board experience who ideally possess the skills sets that the Board has identified:
- Strong commercial financial skills preferably with experience in Sports business management.
- A background as a CFO or Commercial Director with strong financial strategy and financial management skills with previous audit, risk and governance experience.
- Experience with financial management of an NGO or NFP organisation managing government grants.
- Ability to effectively engage and work with the executive team to govern and oversee financial strategy, risk and audit matters.
- A broad range of business experience in the private and public sector.
- Previous appointment to a national board
- A background and experience in community sport and participation (Ideal)
- Finance / Audit / Risk committee experience. (Ideal)
Please note that service on the GA board is voluntary.
For more information, please read the position description included in this advert, along with the GA strategic plan.