Basketball ACT is looking for an enthusiastic customer service and administration officer to join our team on a short term, 3-month contract.
The role is 35 hours per week and is based at our Belconnen headquarters. As a key front of house staff member, the Customer Service and Administration Officer is a pivotal role and is the first point of contact for our members, customers, suppliers and stakeholders.
As our Customer Service and Administration Officer, you will:
- Meet and greet members, customers, suppliers and stakeholders;
- Respond to internal and external enquiries via phone, email and face to face;
- Maintain venue bookings and usage enquiries;
- Provide administration support to internal staff, including the CEO;
- Update databases and perform general administration tasks
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a team player, who is hardworking and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent communication skills;
- A warm approachable manner;
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft Office software;
- Experience in using database system (knowledge of SportsTG is highly regarded)
- Knowledge of basketball is not essential
Note: There is a possibility that the role may be extended beyond the initial contract period. We are open to a job share arrangement.
Basketball ACT is a community based, volunteer driven organisation that services over 8000 members at Belconnen (north) and Tuggeranong (south). We have 10 club members that represent all regions of the ACT. In addition, there are also 7 school-based clubs.
We are the recognised peak body for basketball and are members of Basketball Australia. We provide a variety of competitions, development programs for players, coaches and officials of all ages and all abilities.
Our aim is to demonstrate excellence on and off the court, be engaged with our stakeholders and the ACT community and be accessible for all.