- Provide exercise advice and instruction for members, underpinned by high level of customer service
- Casual role in North Sydney
Australian Catholic University (ACU) is an inclusive community that welcomes students and staff of all beliefs. ACU has over 2,500 staff supporting more than 34,000 students across eight campuses – Adelaide, Ballarat, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, North Sydney, Strathfield and Rome.
As valued members of our community, all staff members are expected to have an understanding of ACU's mission and values and to demonstrate an active contribution to them.
Since March 2012, Student Engagement and Services (SES) has developed a range of programs broadening the opportunities for students in the co-curricular space at ACU. The ACU Strategic Plan, Students Learning and Teaching Portfolio Operational Plan and the Learning for Life Strategy have shaped the need for the development of such programs and services. SES facilitates programs and services through a national approach delivered by campus-based staff, including a focus on Sport, Health & Wellbeing.
ACU Sport, North Sydney is looking for a team of dynamic, highly motivated casual Gym Instructors who are interested in applying their knowledge and committed to learning new approaches to sport, health and wellbeing for the 974854.
The successful candidates will help support and guide all members towards finding a training solution that is right for them. They will be required to use their knowledge of the exercise prescription to conduct group training as well as 1-on-1 goal setting, program design and member follow ups with further development into the operation of ACU Sport. The successful candidates/ will be available for a variety of shifts throughout the hours of operation.
You will need to have:
- Completed a degree in Sport and Exercise Science or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge and technical skills in prescribing and supervising one on one and group exercise.
- Well-developed communication skills, including the ability to professionally liaise with peers, colleagues and clients at all levels.
- A demonstrated commitment to providing high levels of customer service
- A flexible approach to work, with the ability to adapt to varying tasks and priorities