About the role
The Fan Engagement Specialist is primarily responsible for connecting the Sydney Sixers with the community. This includes developing relationships with clubs, associations and schools and delivering engaging programs in the community and on match day, and connecting the Sixers through technology.
- Manage the development of the fan engagement strategy, including all 'fan facing' initiatives
- Drive our strategic engagement in diverse communities and deliver programs from grassroots to elite level (eg LGBT initiatives)
- Develop and manage key stakeholder engagement including clubs, associations, schools and local government
- Develop and manage all non-match events, including community activations (Trial Match, Fan Day, LGA activations) and brand events (Ladies event, Girls Night Out)
- Work with relevant partners on the development of fan facing technology, with a focus to expanding the fan engagement outside of 'core W/BBL' period * Drive activity to make Sydney Sixers the most popular team in the assigned geographic area
- Drive the relationship with Community Cricket on the delivery of strategy
- Manage the JCA program with the Membership, Ticketing and Hospitality Manager
- Assist with development of the home game BBL and WBBL event strategy and own the precinct and fan engagement elements on game day, working closely with the Events team
- Coordinate key activations and be key contact for suppliers and partners
- Manage the Magentification of the precinct and ensure delivery on all match days
- Manage volunteer/intern team
- Minimum of 4 years' experience in fan engagement and events
- Highly organised and efficient
- Ability to work extended hours in season
- Ability to perform manual tasks
- Team player with the ability to work with varied stakeholders
- Strong communicator
- Structured thinker
- Highly motivated with a willingness to learn and develop
- Appropriate qualifications and demonstrated relevant digital and social media experience
What's in it for you?
Be part of Australia's No.1 sport and NSW's No.1 sporting organisation. Build your skills in a high-growth professional environment. Work in a dynamic, flexible and progressive workplace that is committed to giving you the opportunities you deserve.
Enjoy the fun of professional sport and the rewards of contributing to your community. About our team The Sydney Sixers are the most engaging, exciting and inspiring Club in Australian sport, with a commitment to ensure we deliver to our staff, players, coaches, Members, fans and stakeholders. Our Club purpose is to inspire people to have the courage to be themselves, and the confidence to 'have a crack'.
The department environment reflects the Sixers attitude to life; fun, inclusive, hardworking and on brand. No idea is too big or too small and a collaborative approach to ideas is not just welcomed, it is considered best practice. Additional Information At Cricket NSW, we hire on merit and hence embrace diversity in gender, age, ethnicity, disability, religion and sexual orientation.
We are committed to providing a safe environment for children across Australian Cricket. We also believe that embracing flexibility is a smarter way of working. We're open to discussing your needs, just let us know. Keen to join our team?
For a full position description, please contact Cricket NSW on 02 8302 6000.
Closing Date - Midnight Sunday 3rd March