Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
It is AFL Queensland’s vision that participation growth continues to build, assisted by a strong club network with an enhanced focus on engaging female, multicultural and indigenous communities.
Specifically, this position will:
- Coordinate and deliver all coach education and accreditation across the region
- Deliver a high-quality program for Coaching Coordinators
- Work with community clubs to create positive environments that attract and retain players and coaches
- Deliver regional talent, coaching and engagement outcomes
- Develop and maintain talent and coaches database
- Be a positive presence for the AFL brand within the region that delivers outcomes to all stakeholders.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Coordinate coach education and accreditation across the Brisbane South region – Level 1, teacher education, master classes, coach PD, assessments, pathways, promotion of online resources, etc
- Maintain coaching audit within the region
- Provide support to state program/s – i.e. Level 2, master classes
- Manage coaching coordinator program across the Brisbane South region
- Foster links between junior and senior clubs – pathway
- Work with junior football department on localised pathways to meet the needs of participants across all age groups; including new competition formats, new clubs and teams
- In conjunction with Marketing & Media department establish campaigns with clubs to recruit and retain coaches and talent
- Issues management – work proactively with respective leagues and clubs to manage coaching/ code of conduct
- Assist leagues to deliver volunteer education workshops
- Deliver AFL Education sessions – respect and responsibility, social media, etc
- Develop and maintain coach’s pathway and talent database
- Diversity Program lead – Indigenous, Multicultural and Inclusion – first point of contact for external parties
- Assist the Regional Manager with staff training program for casual staff across the regions (training, observation and feedback)
- Deliver annual talent programs including communication with clubs, academy, players and parents and preparation of resources and budget.
- Management of Summer Program – development of curriculum (in conjunction with academy), appointment of coaches, all correspondence with participants, clubs and coaches.
- Talent Id at school competitions
- Regional point of contact for Schools of Excellence programs and school representative programs
- Increase the volume of diversity talent (players and coaches) engaged in pathway programs
- Manage coaches for regional talent programs and summer program – recruitment, appointment, feedback, program curriculum
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Experience working with volunteers and coaches
- Time Management and organisational skills
- Demonstrated personal initiative to tasks/projects
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently unsupervised.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Experience in working with young people
- Knowledge of education and community participation sectors.
- Proven ability to effectively manage a diverse and extensive portfolio of projects concurrently.
- Due to the nature of the sporting industry, must be willing to work outside normal business hours from time to time, such as evenings and weekends.
- Ability to present professionally at all times
- QLD Drivers Licence
- Formal qualification in Administration, Sports/Leisure Management, Human Resources, Business or equivalent depth of experience.
- Sound knowledge of AFL or other relevant sporting environment.
- Experience with talented player development programs.
- Good understanding of the Game Development network and programs in Queensland.
- Level Two AFL Coaching Accreditation.
- Proven ability to effectively deliver on projects and demonstrate initiative taken
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Friday, 22 February 2019