PCYC is dedicated to the development and delivery of quality sport and recreation activities.
About the Role
- $50,000 gross per annum
- Full-Time, Permanent
PCYC Redlands are currently recruiting a motivated Basketball Coordinator who will assist in the development and delivery of the Basketball Program to PCYC clients.
Key responsibilities include
- Accountable for overall design and delivery of Basketball program in compliance with safety and industry approved practice requirements
- Accountable for development and use of an evaluation tool for Basketball to enable continuous improvement
- Conduct WH&S inspections on Basketball equipment and ensure the cleanliness of the program area
- Equipment is maintained and used in a safe manner by all users
- Deliver Basketball program and prepare all associated documentation
- Devise, deliver and evaluate a marketing/promotional plan to retain current participants and attract new participants
- Minimum 4 years experience coordinating Sport or Activity programs in the relevant area of practice
- Demonstrated experience in the design, delivery and evaluation of programs across a range of activity areas
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing budgets
- Demonstrated experience working with children, young adults, special needs and socially challenged groups using sports and exercise as a communication/life skills enhancement medium
- Relevant Basketball Coaching accreditation is desirable.
- Effective time management skills with a demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines and commitments
- Effective communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build relationships with stakeholders
- Hold a current Working with Children’s Check (Blue Card) or eligible to apply
- Enthusiastic and supportive attitude towards clients
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
What we can offer
- Generous tax free salary packaging benefits
- Ongoing training
- Flexible workplace
- Family friendly environment
- Free onsite parking
PCYC Queensland is a trusted and respected charitable not-for-profit that delivers programs, services and venues to meet community and youth needs across the State. Our organisation currently operates 54 branches, two Leadership Development Centres and two Activity Centres across Queensland.
Our services and programs aim to develop and support, as well as challenge and inspire, and are designed to meet the unique needs of communities across Queensland. Our clubs and programs provide opportunities for young people to have positive experiences, get involved in a wide range of activities, and learn from great mentors and community leaders including our serving Police officers.
Applications close 24 February 2019
PCYC Queensland is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for children and young people. Our Employees and Volunteers are critical to the delivery of that commitment.