Aquatic Program Supervisor
Job No.: 587499
Location: Clayton campus
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: Fixed-term appointment until 16 January 2020
Remuneration: $54,530 - $61,382 pa HEW Level 03 (plus 9.5% employer superannuation)
- Be inspired, every day
- Take your career in exciting, rewarding directions
- Be a part of an inclusive, collaborative community
There’s a certain feeling you get from working at Monash University. It’s the feeling that you’re a part of something special. Something significant. And that’s because you’re not just starting your career, or taking on a bigger challenge. You’re making a real contribution – surrounded by energetic, inspiring people who are driven to make a difference as well. Monash is a place where you’ll be able to develop your career in exciting, sometimes unexpected ways – putting you in the best possible position for a rewarding future.
The Aquatic Program Supervisor will assist the Aquatic Program Coordinator and the Aquatic Coordinator in the operation of an efficient and professional aquatic learn to swim program. The appointee is expected to assist with the coordination of a team of staff which provide customer service excellence.
A key component of the Aquatic Program Supervisor role is to ensure that services and programs are conducted within the Monash Sport learn to swim curriculum and, in line with the high-quality services that Monash University provides.
As the Aquatic Program Supervisor, your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Providing professional swimming instruction and on deck supervision of current learn to swim participants
- Assisting with relationship management, and the provision of quality customer service
- Undertaking a range of administrative tasks to support the learn to swim and schools programs
- Supervising staff in systems, procedures and daily operations of the learn to swim program
The incumbent will be required to have the following qualifications
- A combination of relevant experience and/or education/training; and
- Current CPR and Level 2 First Aid Certificate; and
- AustSwim Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety; and
- Pool Lifeguard Award.
If you believe you can fulfil these requirements, you are strongly encouraged to apply.
This role is a full-time position however, flexible working arrangements may be negotiated.
At Monash University, we are committed to being a Child Safe organisation. This position at the University will require the incumbent to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
Your application must address the selection criteria. Please refer to "How to apply for Monash Jobs".
Amanda Urmston, Aquatic Coordinator, +61 3 9905 1075.
Aquatics Program Supervisor
Monday 18 February 2019, 11:55 pm AEDT