PCYC is dedicated to the development and delivery of quality sport and recreation activities.
About the Role
- $31.23 per hour
- Permanent, Part-time (30 hours per week)
PCYC Deception Bay is currently recruiting for a motivated Senior Instructor (Gymnastics) who will develop and deliver the Gymnastics Program to PCYC clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Deliver and design group programs/sessions in compliance with safety and industry approved practice requirements;
- Develop and utilise an evaluation tool for programs/sessions to enable continuous improvement;
- Devise, deliver and evaluate a marketing/promotional plan to improve activity programs, retain current participants and attract new participants;
- Management and supervision of team members including setting of key performance indicators to ensure role requirements are met;
- Maintain good working relationships and respond to enquiries from internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Minimum of 4 years’ instructional experience in the relevant area of practice
- Holds an Advanced Accreditation with Gymnastics Australia
- Has group level accreditation with relevant Industry body and at least 4 year’s membership
- Demonstrated experience working with children, young adults, special needs and socially challenged groups using sports and exercise as a communication/life skills enhancement medium
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Hold a current Working with Children’s Check (Blue Card) or eligible to apply
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- Enthusiastic and supportive attitude towards clients
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
What we can offer
- Generous tax free salary packaging benefits
- Ongoing training
- Flexible workplace
- Family friendly environment
- Free onsite parking
PCYC Queensland is a trusted and respected charitable not-for-profit that delivers programs, services and venues to meet community and youth needs across the State. Our organisation currently operates 54 branches, two Leadership Development Centres and two Activity Centres across Queensland.
Our services and programs aim to develop and support, as well as challenge and inspire, and are designed to meet the unique needs of communities across Queensland. Our clubs and programs provide opportunities for young people to have positive experiences, get involved in a wide range of activities, and learn from great mentors and community leaders including our serving Police officers.
Applications close 24 February 2019
PCYC Queensland is committed to providing a safe and supportive environment for children and young people. Our Employees and Volunteers are critical to the delivery of that commitment.