At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About the Centre
Dandenong Oasis - Indoor Swimming Pool, and Gym facilities located in Mills Reserve, Dandenong. The centre provides a 50 metre pool, hydrotherapy pool, spa sauna, toddler pool, fun pool, gym, squash courts, group fitness rooms, childcare and café.
Key Elements of the Role
The main goal within Dandenong is to create more opportunities for more people to be more active, more often, especially those who are least likely to participate in healthy and active lifestyles.
Conduct safe, appropriate and stimulating group fitness classes within format guidelinesAdhere stringently to all work instructions involving procedures for class commencement, procedures for class ending and safety procedures.
Maintain open and effective communication with team leaders, other instructors and management (where necessary)
To be professional, reliable, responsible and mature in dealing with participants before, during and after designated class time - make exemplary customer service a priority.
- Interpersonal skills and an ability to deal with a diverse range of customers in age, culture, fitness histories and other background
- Previous customer service skills are desirable
- Previous experience in group fitness instruction is desirable
- An ability to adapt a class to suit various abilities
- Provide First Aid (HLTAID001)
- Working With Children’s Check
- Fitness Registration with a governing body
- Aquatic Exercise Instructor qualification
- Pool Lifeguard qualification (desirable)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework.
Visit our website for further information.