Do you want to help shape the future of Sport and Entertainment?
Are you passionate about data, technology and the Business of Sport and Entertainment?
Do you want to work with Australia’s major sports as part of one of Australia’s leading sports business consultancies and be part of a global network?
If yes, read on.
We are looking for the following people:
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, thriving in a fast-paced environment
- You demonstrate creativity in your approach to problem solving
- You understand and have a deep interest in the business of Sport and Entertainment
- You possess a strong client focus
- You have meticulous attention to detail and ability to work to challenging deadlines
- You have high academic grades with a preference for a quantitative degree (such as computer science, natural sciences, engineering, maths or economics)
- You will ideally have experience with coding, SQL and / or Excel and a desire to develop your technical skills
You will analyse the commercial performance of major sports and entertainment from a fan, broadcast and commercial perspective. You will manage, analyse and interpret complex datasets to produce insights that will be used to formulate strategies to maximise return on the investments made in sport and entertainment.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong ability to analyse and critique, as well as creativity in problem solving and an ability to work as part of a team to deliver outstanding service to our clients. You will also assist with the development of our research software and tools. Working alongside Futures’ Senior Analysts, you will receive unrivalled exposure to Futures’ Global Management team to fast-track your development.
Who we are
At Futures we want our staff to love their job. To achieve this goal we understand that everyone must feel included and valued. We want to create a culture where diversity is embraced and highly valued. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do his or her best work and that work is recognised. We offer a meritocracy culture whereby every employee should aspire to reach the highest level.
Founded in 2002 and part of Interpublic Group, listed on the NYSE with offices in London, New York, Stamford, Sydney and Melbourne, Futures provide strategic consultancy services to sports governing bodies, leagues, teams, sponsors and broadcasters.
Our clients in Australia include Cricket Australia, Tennis Australia, FFA and the NRL with global clients including Manchester United, ICC, NFL and Formula
Why we are here
We help the business of sport make better decisions, based on evidence.
Our aim is to continuously find better ways of assess and improve the commercial returns of sport and entertainment by delivering unique insight to our clients.
Our vision is to be globally recognised as the best source of insights in sport and entertainment.
Some of the types of work you could be involved in are:
- Understanding what makes fans tick; who they are, how they think and behave.
- Calculating the asking price for some of Australia’s biggest sponsorships
- Forecasting the viewership and attendance for Australia’s premium rights holders
- Building regression models to understand what drives fandom and passion