Pending qualifications and experience, there are availability for Sports coaching across the school in the areas such as Football, Rugby, Cricket and Basketball where a minimum of 6 hours per week is on offer across at all three campuses of the School: Secondary at Summer Hill, Primary at Summer Hill Junior School and Primary at Strathfield Preparartory school.
The school is seeking suitably qualified and enthusatic staff for for both immediate start in current summer sports, plus upcoming winter sports.
- Be an active and involved member of the Sport coaching team, contributing towards the promotion and improvement of students Basketball development within the school.
- Highly desired is an ability to coach at the higher level of schoolboy sport.
- To help foster good relations between parents, the community and the School and encourage parents to take an interest in the schooling of their sons and to participate in the life of Trinity Grammar School through Sport.
- Be actively involved in supporting the School co-curricular activities and be responsible for, but not limited to the maintenance of the Schools standards and the application of the School’s code of conduct.
- Promote ethical, efficient and appropriate use of physical resources, Information Technology (equipment and software) and Social Media.
- Model the Christian values of the school and provide a Christ-like example to all students regardless of the student’s faith or background
- Support the School’s formal pastoral care based House system as a tutor or Housemaster.
- Encourage student involvement and growth in all aspects of school life such as academic, sporting and cocurricular programmes.
- Liaise with parents on any feedback regarding their son’s academic, pastoral, and social progress.
- Monitor student welfare as necessary. Liaise with the TESS department for students who may need additional support.
- In conjunction with the relevant Master of School, enforce the Discipline System for students when required.
- Report immediately any concerns or suspicion of inappropriate behaviour by either staff, student or community member in areas such as discipline, breaches of the School’s code of conduct and/or Child Protection matters.
- Demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills at all times.
- Maintain formal records required by the School including but not limited to progress reports, assessment data, incident and discipline reports.
- Qualities and Requirements Academic Professional Qualifications
- Formal tertiary qualification in teaching
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check Current
- Senior First Aid and CPR Registration with NSW Educational Standards Authority (NESA Experience in teaching relevant to subject specialisation