Bowls Australia (BA) is the national sporting organisation responsible for the leadership, development and management of Bowls in Australia. We are a not-for-profit organisation that provides the strategic direction for the sport and the strategies that are implemented by the staff at the national office. BA’s members are the nine state and territory bowls associations.
There are over 1,860 clubs and over 670,000 participants nationwide. BA is affiliated with World Bowls and Commonwealth Games Australia where it is a core sport in the Commonwealth Games held every four years.
This new role is primarily responsible for the project management of the Better Ageing Program for Bowls Australia, part of the Move It Australia - Better Ageing Grant Program, which aims to promote physical activity for older Australians.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project manage roll-out of program, including on boarding training providers/delivery.
- Manage application, funding agreement and acquittal process for program as required.
- Review of impact of program on key KPIs and report to stakeholders
- Transition from planning and implementation to day to day operations and continuous improvement.
To be successful in this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Proven project/program management or project/program delivery experience.
- Project Management methodology qualification or experience strongly desirable.
- Ability to manage to budgets and timelines, experience with project management systems or software.
- Strong negotiation skills suited to dealing with external parties, providers and customers.
- Experience of engaging and working in cooperation with partners to deliver programs
- Proven conflict resolution skills and the ability to handle difficult conversations around contract issues, payment discussions and deadlines.
- Outstanding presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the sports industry and an understanding of the structure of sport.
- High levels of energy, motivation and initiative coupled with a deadline driven approach.
- Ability to work effectively with limited supervision.
- Tertiary qualification in Business and/or Sports Administration (desirable).
This position is a full time fixed term contract and will be based at our Head Office in Thornbury, Melbourne. It is initially a contracted position for a two year period.
The closing date for applications is Friday 22nd February 2019.