Job Title: Football Coach (AFL)
Job Number: 004
Ed Support: 1 - 4 hours per week.
Pay rate negotiated on experience & qualifications.
Location: Mernda Central College
Department: Athlete Development Program
Reports to: ADP Coordinator – Mernda Central College
Date of Effect: Term 1, 2019
Primary Job Purpose
Assist in the planning, preparation and provision of AFL football coaching activities at Mernda Central College Athlete Development Program.
Working with the ADP Coordinator and other staff and coaches in the ongoing implementation and management of a AFL program for talented and emerging athletes
In conjunction with coaches, develop and implement coaching sessions in a day-to-day training environment, including the coordination, monitoring and development of training activities and training plans
Provide coaching on a team, specialist and individual basis
Take an active involvement in the incorporation of new technological developments into the AFL program e.g. Performance Analysis of athletes using Dartfish, Swinger and Visual Coaching Pro software, in conjunction with the sports science instructors
Ensure the welfare of the athletes is maintained by ensuring that they are aware of the support structures available to them, and encourage a harmonious team environment by liaison with all team members, other coaches, the college and parents
Incorporate Sports Science and Sports Medicine services into individual and team coaching programs where appropriate
Qualifications and Experience
- Football Coaching Accreditation
- Demonstrated ability to work with talented and emerging athletes
- Demonstrated coaching and/or competition experience at a representative, state or national level
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant field would be an advantage e.g. teaching degree
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of football coaching principles including techniques, coaching trends and international developments
- Demonstrated understanding of the concepts of sports science/sports medicine and the ability to incorporate the principles into training programs
- High level interpersonal skills to effectively develop and maintain partnerships, networks and client relationships
- Experience in maintaining records to meet organisational and college requirements
- Self motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment, observe confidentiality and use discretion and initiative
- Ability to meet competing demands through effective prioritisation in a results oriented environment
- Ability to commit to a challenging “out of hours” working environment. Technical coaching component will occur outside the normal school timetable. Times to be negotiated with coach depending on availability of staff and venues.
For enquiries about the job contact:
Zac Anderson - Athlete Development Program Coordinator - (03) 8776 9600
How to Apply:
Applications should address at least the Selection Criteria section of the Job Description.
Please submit applications by 22nd February 2019 by email email@example.com or post to: Athlete Development Coordinator, Mernda Central College, 70 Breadalbane Ave Mernda 3754.
All applications will be acknowledged electronically.
Applicants must be Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia