- Work closely with the Head of Finance
- CPA/CA qualified
- Great employee benefits
Who are we?
As part of the City Football Group, Melbourne City FC’s ambition is to develop the best footballing talent, to deliver an exciting and forward playing game and to increase participation in football on and off the field. By achieving these ambitions, we are growing a sustainable and socially responsible organisation.
Melbourne City FC competes in the major Australian domestic competition, the A-League, the top tier of women’s football, the W-League, and the National Youth League.
About City People
City people are entrepreneurial, innovative, open-minded and team-oriented. Our team members are humble and hardworking, challenge our thinking and have a will to win. They combine genuine understanding of the importance of our local communities with a global approach.
Are you an energetic self- starter with strong coordination skills? Are you dynamic with an appetite to explore new things? Then this may be the role for you.
Based at La Trobe University, Bundoora and reporting to the Head of Finance, the Financial Accountant is responsible for completing core operational and financial objectives.
- Provide relevant and timely financial information to the Head of Finance, completing financial analysis where required
- Ensure financial recording requirements are met through the provision of efficient financial processes and systems
- Assist Head of Finance to prepare monthly and financial year end management reports and variance analysis
- Assist Head of Finance to prepare annual statutory accounts to ensure compliance with all constitutional and legislative financial reporting requirements
- Assist with the preparation of FBT Returns and indirect tax compliance
- Ensure GST compliance and preparation of quarterly BAS
- Prepare general ledger transactions, monthly reconciliations and key reports
- Assist with match day operations and reporting
- Develop and maintain an asset registry
- Liaise with auditors and action any necessary items as a result of external audit
- Day to day supervision of team members
What we need from you:
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting
- CA/CPA qualified
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles (5+ years accounting experience)
- Experience in a chartered environment (desirable)
- Previous experience in SAP (desirable)
- The ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Discreet and confidential
- Logical thinker
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer skills, Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
You will be required to work on weekends where needed and attend match day where necessary.