- Permanent ongoing full time
- Band 8, Salary Package $107K - $127K
- Monthly ADO
Working at one of Victoria's fastest growing Council's you will lead the Leisure Facilities and Active Reserves Team to oversee the successful planning, delivery and management of Council's active reserves and leisure facilities. You will also be responsible to develop and manage active reserve policies, plans and strategic directions in line with industry trends, community needs, and the Council and Livability Plans as they relate to management of active reserves and leisure facilities to increase participation and physical activity.
You will be proven leader who can demonstrate their ability to empower and support staff to realise and achieve their potential, have strong communication skills and the ability to identify, initiate, and build productive relationships with key stakeholders.
Demonstrated experience within leisure facilities or contract management of leisure facilities plus relevant professional or tertiary qualification in recreation and/or equivalent professional would be highly regarded.
The role is based at the Cardinia Civic Centre in Officer, Victoria, an exciting new workspace in the heart of one of Melbourne's most dynamic and innovative municipalities. We are an organisation that embraces Activity Based Working, and as such we seek staff with demonstrated ability to show flexibility and adaptability in a work context. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to gender equity and our organisational values of Teamwork, Respect, Accountability, Communication and Customer Focus.
- The people -we really live the Values. We look out for each other (like a team) and we are genuine.
- We work in the best workplace in local government - Activity Based Working - the office space and opportunities for just being you, and collaborative, are endless.
- Lots of other perks; like health & wellbeing program, extensive professional development programs and support, and much more.
- We embrace action oriented people who aren't afraid to challenge the norm.
- What we're building in this shire exciting and will leave a legacy, and you get to directly influence it.
- Our Leadership team are amazing - passionate as well as engaging and approachable
All successful applicants will be required to undertake a National Police Check, pre-employment medical and obtain or hold a valid Working With Children Check.
Cardinia Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe employer who supports inclusiveness and diversity. We welcome applications from people from a diverse background, including but not limited to, those identifying as LGBTIQ, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, people from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds, and people with a disability.