Carlton Football Club is one of Australia’s oldest and most prominent sporting institutions. The Club has a long history of proud supporters, premiership success and the most iconic guernsey in the country.
Known as the Blues, a reference to our navy uniform, Carlton Football Club is committed to be the most inclusive and united sporting organisation. Our people represent diverse communities and the club is strengthened by this diversity of culture and thought. We are focused on creating a sense of community and belonging for our staff, players and all our supporters.
The Supporter Engagement Coordinator will play an integral role in the development and execution of programs and initiatives that drive engagement with Carlton Football Club, promoting interactions with our members and supporters at all opportunities and generating casual ticket purchases.
This position will play a lead coordination role in ensuring every touch point with Carlton Football Club is an “amazing experience”, increasing supporter interactions with the Club leading to potential membership acquisitions.
The Supporter Engagement Coordinator will report to the Membership Manager and will deliver creative and exciting match day activations in addition to creating opportunities for supporter groups to interact with the Club. The Coordinator will also deliver strategies to engage with the diverse Carlton community focusing on multicultural and gender diversity.
The successful candidate will have excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with the ability to liaise with a range of stakeholders. Highly developed organisational and time management skills are essential as well previous experience in effectively using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate commitment to Carlton Football Club’s purpose – “to ensure all Carlton people feel like they belong”.
This position is based at Ikon Park in Carlton North and will be offered on a full-time basis.
The key responsibilities for this role are, but not limited to:
Match Day Activations
- Work with the Consumer, Media and Marketing teams to theme all Carlton home matches and identify attendance targets
- Build strategy for three (3) AFLW and eleven (11) AFL home games, including in-ground and out-of-ground fan activations
- Work with the AFL to build fun, interactive activities for Carlton home games in allocated time slots around football
- Management of match day activation run sheet and coordination of stakeholders
Casual Ticketing Strategy
- Work with crowd build team to execute an annual casual ticketing campaign in accordance with budgeted attendance and revenue figures
- Work in conjunction with the crowd build team to develop a variety of marketing, promotional and sales activities relating to casual ticket purchases
- Work with the crowd build team to Increase the purchase of casual tickets through communications and specific offers to external networks and relationships
- Execute data acquisition promotions and campaigns for all Club touch points
- Strategically communicate with partner databases to facilitate their engagement with the club
- Work with the community team to develop relationships with schools and local sporting and social clubs for supporter development purposes
- Coordinate events that build further connection with our members and supporters
- Deliver campaigns that help convert repeat and engaged ticket purchasers to members
- Act as point of contact for group ticket sales on a match day to deliver experiences, ensuring all customer requirements are met and relationships developed
- Manage the development of a qualified supporter base and prospect pool for relationship marketing
- Support campaigns to strengthen supporter relationships to engaged ticket purchasers
Reporting and Administration
- Management of supporter development budget
- Analyse casual ticket sales data and report on insights and common trends
- Complete and distribute weekly sales and KPI tracking reports to relevant staff
- Report on communications, contacts and sales through identified channels
- Identify strong supporter group managers and build relationships with these people
- Create and deliver fun, accessible and casual supporter group functions
- Identify opportunities for supporter groups to interact with the club
- Work with the membership team to coordinate the delivery of member events
- Plan with the Events, Communications and Football departments to ensure high quality events are coordinated for members
- Manage required staff to assist with running of events
- Survey members and supporters to identify their needs and ensure high customer satisfaction
Qualifications, knowledge and skills
- Highly developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Strong planning and problem-solving capabilities, with the ability to prioritise and organise tasks to meet deadlines in addition to managing competing demands
- Experience running events, on both a small and large scale
- Demonstrated experience using a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database
- Demonstrated experience in data acquisition and delivering marketing strategies
- Capacity to build relationships and interact with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Ability to work outside standard business hours including evenings and weekends with potential occasional interstate travel
- A degree or diploma in Event Management, Sports Management, Marketing or a related field
- Experience working in the sporting and/or entertainment industry