At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre
The Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) is an important community facility and is just one of the leisure and aquatic facilities that make up the Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities (BLAF) that is managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with the City of Boroondara. The Boroondara Leisure and Aquatic Facilities provide a unique opportunity for staff to be exposed to a variety of facilities, programs and services within a vibrant workplace. YMCA Victoria is committed to providing the highest level of service to our visitors and career development for our staff teams.
Key Elements of the Role
The Health and Wellness Coordinator will be required to have complete knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the Health Club, Group Fitness, Facility Programming and The Fitness Industry. The position will provide leadership and direction to all Group Fitness Instructors, Health and Fitness Professionals including Personal Trainers, while providing a high quality and robust programming schedule, focusing of driving participation and member retention.
Capabilities and Behaviours
- A proactive and solution-focused approach is essential in this position.
- Strong communication and training skills to ensure Health Club staff, Personal Trainers and Group Exercise Staff are providing an engaging and interactive experience at HALC.
- Perform duties as required on all direct service shifts and provide leadership to relevant teams.
- Support staff through change processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to lead by example and create a positive and supportive culture.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong Health and Fitness background
- Demonstrated track record in managing and leading teams
- Demonstrated track record in implementing profitable health and wellness programs
- Strong administration and computer skills including Microsoft Office, Green EDesk and computerised point of sales systems (Links is preferable)
- Experience managing stakeholders and contractors
- Works as part of a team and shows professionalism.
- Punctual in both attendance on shift and attendance at staff meetings.
- Flexible to work early mornings, evenings and weekends in an effort to share the workload.
- Models, demonstrates, and teaches positive values like caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Serves as a role model for the principles of inclusion and tolerance.
- Maintains high standards of presentation and personal grooming.
- Working With Children Check
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- Certificate III & IV in Fitness
- Fitness Australia Registration
- First Aid Level 2 & CPR
- Satisfactory National Criminal History Records Check, and International Police Records Check (if applicable)
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information