At the Y, we believe in the power of inspired young people. A community not-for-profit organisation with 17 million participations annually across Australia. 8,000 staff and volunteers serve at more than 150 locations every day. We partner with government and private capital to deliver programs and services that include community recreation, adventure and stadium sports, camping, learn to swim, children's programs, early learning, youth services, retirement living, disability services and social enterprises.
About Kensington Community Recreation Centre
Kensington Community Recreation Centre is an important community facility, managed by YMCA Victoria in partnership with Melbourne City Council.
Kensington Community Recreation Centre is a diverse facility that comprises a variety of programs and services to suit the needs of the community. The ever expanding ranges of programs are developed with the ideals of “assess for everyone". The centre caters for many and varied groups within the community including older adults, children, young people and additional needs.
The facility includes:
- Indoor Aquatic Facility featuring 25m Pool, Learners' Pool, Toddlers' Pool, Change rooms, Playground & BBQ Facilities and Extensive Grassed Areas
- 136m2 Health Club containing latest in strength and cardio fitness equipment
- Indoor Sports Hall catering for Soccer, Netball, Basketball and Volleyball
- Dry Programs Area featuring Large Function Room with Dance floor and Stage
- Multi-purpose Meeting Room
- Other Facilities Include Kensington Banks Tennis Courts and Kensington Community Garden
Key Elements of the Role
We are looking for teachers to join our team who are committed to the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
YMCA swimming instructors are an essential component in the delivery of the YMCA Swimming Lessons Programs and Services. Our swim school is growing with more school groups coming through and more children wanting to learn to swim. We need fun-loving and knowledgeable staff to help deliver a safe and educational swim program to our members.
Become part of the community at Kensington with opportunities to work across other areas as well as other sites nearby.
- A love for teaching aquatics and having participants achieve results - however big or small.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and pitch in when required
- Teaching experience preferred, but not essential
- Must be available to work a weekend day. May get shifts on a weekday if they become available
- Working With Children Check
- Safeguarding Children and Young People Certificate (completion online prior to commencement)
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety
- AUSTSWIM Teacher of Infant Aquatics (highly desired)
- Level 2 First Aid
YMCA Victoria is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We require all applicants to undergo an extensive screening process prior to appointment, and successful applicants must comply with the YMCA’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Framework. Visit our website for further information.