The club is seeking to appoint an experienced and talented individual to manage the football operations and player development for the Hawthorn VFL Women’s team, ensuring that logistics, communication and overall operations for the team is delivered efficiently. This role will support the players whilst having strong relationships with the coaching and support staff. It is imperative that this person also works with the HFC administration staff to ensure the integration of the VFLW team is built into the outcomes of the HFC strategic plan.
Reporting to the General Manager - VFL & VFLW Football, the Women’s Football Operations and Player Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing guidance and support on wellbeing related issues in a professional and confidential manner
- Supporting players with education and career plans
- Liaising with external agencies on wellbeing related issues as appropriate
- Leading all football staff including coaching, recruiting, medical and match day roles
- Communicating with all key stakeholders to ensure the VFLW playing group and staff are integrated across the whole of club
- Managing football operations for match day and training sessions
The ideal candidate will preferably have a degree qualification in Education (or related) or Sports Management. You will be team player and can bring a diverse range of stakeholders together to deliver an elite program for our athletes. You will have the following attributes;
- Highly motivated with strong communication skills
- Demonstrate commitment, drive and initiative to achieve program and organisational outcomes.
- Demonstrate capacity to cooperate and work well with others in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, and work flexibly to meet outcomes required in a dynamic environment.
- Trustworthy, deal maturely and appropriately with information of a confidential nature.
This is a full-time role with weekend work required.
Enjoying a history that extends beyond 125 years, Hawthorn Football Club is a proud, successful and progressive member of the Australian Football League. The Club’s VFL and VFLW teams had great on field success in 2018 winning their respective premierships.
We live and breathe our values of Dynamic, Open & Honest, Relentless, Respect All and Selfless.
A Working with Children Check and Police Check are also a requirement of the role upon commencement of employment. As an employer of an AFL club you must also comply with AFL Rules & Regulations which includes prohibiting employees from gambling on AFL football.
A competitive salary package will be offered to the right candidate with the right skills and experience. In addition, the Club’s benefits program includes professional development opportunities, free parking, gym and pool access, discounts and an in-house health program.
Hawthorn Football Club encourages workplace diversity. Women and applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We value our commitment to the Traditional Owners and as such, we welcome applications from candidates of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island descent.