In this role you will be reporting to the Membership Manager, working closely with the SLSNSW staff team and key volunteers throughout the state. You will be a passionate worker who will assist with the development of targeted resources and pathways for SLSNSW’s young members and their parents.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s primary water safety and rescue organisation and one of the largest volunteer movements in the country. We support more than 76,000 members in 129 clubs to serve the community through the provision of beach patrol services, coastal emergency response, training and education, sports and junior development.
SLSNSW’s Membership Team works to support our membership base – from the youngest nipper through to our most passionate lifesavers. Following a recent restructure, a number of roles within this team have been reshaped to ensure the organisation is well-positioned to deliver its strategic objectives relating to the recruitment, induction, recognition, retention, and safeguarding of members throughout the state.
SOME OF THE KEY DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Developing and maintain resources to assist Clubs and Branches with the delivery of junior, youth and parent engagement.
- Assisting with the delivery of the organisation’s Safeguarding Children and Young People Program.
- Coordinating the delivery of SLSNSW youth development programs.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete projects on time, to scope and within budget.
- Previous experience working with volunteers or working with youth and juniors.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- Salary packaging and novated car leasing options
- Free access to onsite parking
- Free access to our onsite fitness facility
- Regular professional development opportunities
- Supportive working environment within a positive and professional team
Location: Belrose- Northern Beaches
Position: Full Time
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2019