We are currently seeking a self-motivated individual with great administrative skills. This is an exciting opportunity to provide administrative and hands on support in our lifesaving operations.
Surf Life Saving NSW is the state’s major water safety and rescue organisation, and with over 74,000 members, is one of the largest volunteer movements in Australia. The primary role of Surf Life Saving NSW is to save lives on our beaches, while other activities include developing our members through education, leadership and surf sports programs. There are 129 surf clubs and 11 branches in the state which are affiliated with Surf Life Saving NSW, stretching from Fingal Rovers SLSC near Tweed Heads, to Pambula SLSC on the Far South Coast.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- You will be able to work in a relaxed and sociable environment within a hard-working culture.
- Onsite gym and an active, healthy culture
- Work in modern, light filled refurbished offices with parking available
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Fast learner and self- motivated;
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal;
- Sound computer skills particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Sound knowledge of Surf Life Saving operations;
- Attention to detail and great work ethic;
- Flexible attitude to working hours as occasional weekend work may be required;
- Drivers Licence.
SLSA Bronze Medallion (or equivalent) and demonstrated experience of Surf Life Saving functions, activities and awards will be an advantage.
SLSNSW is an equal opportunity employer with commitment to safeguarding children and young people.
Location: Surf Life Saving NSW Headquarters - Belrose
Position: Part time - approx. 20 hours per week (can be flexible with days)
Closing date for applications: 31st January 2019