- Full time role
- Tullamarine location
Essendon Football Club is committed to our vision of being recognised as the most respected, inclusive and successful sporting club in the country, consistently setting the benchmark both on and off the field. We currently have an opportunity for an Events Coordinator to ‘Don the Sash’ and join our Commercial Operations Team based at our club headquarters at The Hangar at Melbourne Airport.
The role of Events Coordinator is an exciting opportunity for someone passionate about creating once in a lifetime experiences for our clients, members and supporters. The diverse range of events hosted by the Club will allow this self starter to be involved in an array of different styles of events mainly the Club’s official match day function as well as major, membership, and other Club events. The role will support the Senior Events Manager in delivering the full events program seamlessly and at a high standard, and is also responsible for working collaboratively with the wider Commercial Operations team.
What We’re Looking For
To be considered for the role, candidates must have the following essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an events or project management based role;
- Administration experience in planning and executing events or projects on time and to budget;
- Ability to work with a range of stakeholders on any event or project;
- Ability to work within in a team and autonomously;
- Highly developed presentation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent time management skills;
- High attention to detail;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise;
- Written and verbal communication skills;
- Driven, pro-active and self motivating ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to work a wide array of hours with a varying time schedule to suit the seasonal priorities of the football industry including match days and after business hours Club events
- Current drivers licence
- Permanent Residency in Australia, or appropriate visa to work permanently
Other Highly Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Ability to use Microsoft Office base programs;
- Experience in using Table Plan and CRM systems preferred but not compulsory;
- Experience working within sport and/or entertainment.
Please submit a cover letter and resume with your online application.
Applications close Sunday 6th January 2019
Please note that this role will be subject to background checks.