After entering a 30-year partnership in 2009, Melbourne's alignment to the City of Casey region continues to go from strength-to-strength. The Casey Demons played their inaugural season in the 2018 VFL Women's competition.
With the next season just around the corner, we are looking to immediately fill these rare positions with 2 Assistant Coaches excited about the prospect of driving a successful VFLW program. The successful candidates will embody our coaches' trademark to be an educator, a team player, somebody who builds relationships with players and staff and strives for excellence.
In return, we will offer a true development pathway into a well-established AFL program with the opportunity to be up skilled by AFL coaches during several touch points throughout the season. Cohesion across programs is key to our success as we look to help our staff and players reach their potential.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Coach Casey Demons Football Club Women's Team in line with agreed game style and AFLW principles
- Assist in identifying and recruiting players based on recruiting principles for MFC team in conjunction with the VFLW Senior Coach and List Manager
- Assist in the development of players with a view of creating a feeder team for AFLW
- Assist in the design and implementation of the VFLW football program - pre-season/in-season
- Work collaboratively with all other coaches to build game day strategy
- Work collaboratively with Women's Football Operations Manager to create a high-performance culture
- Assist in the design and implementation of training drills/sessions and craft sessions
- Assist in running educational sessions for individuals and team
- Monitor and adapt to trends within AFL environment
- Maintain positive relationship with all stakeholders
Competencies, Qualifications, Experience and Key Attributes
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Ability to build rapport and trust with a number of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects, plan effectively, prioritise and follow through.
- Self-motivated with a commitment to achieving results.
- Good influencing and problem-solving skills, including the ability to 'think on your feet'.
- Excellent attention to detail with outstanding written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment.
- Passion for continuous improvement, with a focus on procedure and policy improvements
- Friendly, energetic, positive and customer focussed personality
- Position offered will be subject to a Working with Children's Check
- Be available on all training sessions and game days along with adhoc events which may be outside of normal business hours
The Melbourne Football Club is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from suitably qualified and diverse candidates. We provide a welcoming, safe and flexible approach to work and provide an environment that benefits from and enables the best from everyone. Applications close Tuesday 21st December.