AFL PROGRAM OPERATIONS LEAD – NSW/ACT
- Work in the vibrant Entertainment Quarter Precinct
- Values driven culture
- Fantastic team benefits
Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The AFL Program Operations Lead is the central administrative resource coordinating the operations of AFL participation programming and school competitions to over 280,000 participants across NSW and the ACT.
The role is the ‘engine room’ of our team; providing operations and logistical support to our Game Development network located across seven regions that make up NSW and the ACT to achieve a streamlined business process and find efficiencies in our operating model.
The role requires high attention to detail, excellent numeracy and financial acumen to implement program logistics and efficiency to operations. The candidate must possess proficient time management skills to ensure timely and effective communication and enjoy a fast-paced administrative environment.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Oversee the planning and program operations of all AFL NSW/ACT participation programs (Auskick, AFL 9s, In-school programs etc.) and school competitions across the state and territory and provide specialised support across planning, budgets, logistics and administration
- Provide timely and effective program and school competitions support to the AFL NSWACT Game Development network (circa 45 persons) including input into;
- develop strong working relationships via frequent contact, support and education for GD staff across the state and territory
- Develop a strong working relationship with the national AFL participation team to ensure AFL NSW/ACT complies with all national administrative deliverables, with specific focus on the new Auskick 2.0 program
- communicate all new program initiatives effectively to all AFL NSW/ACT Game Development staff
- assist teams to monitor, track and achieve targets
- assist teams phase programs and competitions correctly across the business calendar
- coordinate program and competition costings and assist with revenue monitoring where applicable;
- provide program enhancements to drive promotion and growth
- Coordinate on a state/territory-wide basis all operational matters regarding AFL NSW/ACT run school competitions including schedule, budget, finals events for;
- Primary School Football Competitions – Paul Kelly Cup
- Secondary School Football Competitions – AFL School Cup
- Coordinate the ASC Sporting Schools Funding program across NSW/ACT ensuring compliance with all regulations
- Manage the Footyweb registration system for AFL NSWACT as it relates to programs and school competitions utilising the system to collect registrations to ensure an accurate and up to date Footyweb database. Build a technical knowledge of the software to troubleshoot any enquiries before escalating these to Footyweb technical support
- Manage procurement and distribution of all footballs, equipment, apparel and stock for NSWACT participation programs including;
- Manage annual ordering process;
- Managing the delivery to regional offices throughout the calendar year;
- stock take and account reconciliations
- Manage the integration of AFL NSWACT programs into AFL Club fan development programs Red Rookie and G-Recruit and act as the primary conduit between the Auskick system and the AFL Clubs
- Manage the AFL NSWACT program budgets (Auskick, AFL 9s, Schools) including programs such as jumper subsidies, goal posts subsidies and other development programs requiring state funding
- Manage the National Auskick revenue budget and reconciling monthly accounts
- Manage the half time Auskick program at all Sydney Swans and GWS Giants home games including liasing with venue managers, national staff and AFL Club match day operations staff
- Coordinate half time Auskick scheduling, recruit and train match day staff and coordinate resources, accreditation and quality control
- Assist Participation Manager to provide strategic advice on program development, implementation, promotion and stakeholder engagement
- Assist Marketing Coordinator with the marketing and promotion of all AFL NSWACT programs
- Assist with development of regional participation targets and collation of the AFL census
- Assist with other budget initiatives and projects as required
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Operational or logistics experience
- Financial experience
- Ability to engage and build relationships with a wide range of people from all areas of the AFL Network both internal and external
- Ability to implement new initiatives and programs
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Highly competent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience with large multi-layered databases
- Ability to draw on experience and/or management skills
- Proven capabilities in strategic planning and general knowledge of the AFL’s core development objectives.
- Understanding of school curriculum and systems.
- Previous management of web-based software
- Good understanding of the Sport Development network and school programs in NSW/ACT.
- Experience in the development and delivery of entry level sport programs resulting in participation growth.
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Friday, 18 January 2019