AFL PROGRAM EXPERIENCE LEAD – NSW/ACT
- Work in the vibrant Entertainment Quarter Precinct
- Values driven culture
- Fantastic team benefits
Our goal here at the AFL is to enhance and grow the game across all states and all levels – from grassroots to elite. As one team, we put on the game, build participation, deliver important events, communicate with our fans, run community programs, develop coaches and umpires, and collaborate with partners, delight members, support clubs and so much more. Our roles may vary but we are all united by our common goal, to leave the game in an even more extraordinary place.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The AFL Program Experience Lead will provide strategic support and in-field guidance to our AFL NSW/ACT Game Development team, Auskick network, school network to ensure our AFL programs are delivered in a high quality and engaging manner always. The AFL Program Experience Lead will also actively seek out new and innovative ways to uplift our experience to exceed customer expectations and implement these initiatives across the network.
The role requires a confident communicator, who can work independently and enjoys the in-field nature to their day-to-day role and collaborate well with a diverse and large workforce and stakeholder network. With our customer(s) front of mind; the role will focus on training and development of our broad delivery network including quality control and practical support to the AFL FTE network, Casual Development Officer training, Club Auskick Coordinator to ensure the products we offer meet the expectations of our customer(s) and our team is best-in-class at delivering our code.
Please note employment in this position is subject to a satisfactory criminal history record check. The successful candidate is required to possess a valid ‘working with children’ check.
The AFL has extensive procedures and checks in place to protect children and young people in our organisation.
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF
- Auskick – Community
- Auskick – After-school
- Primary School Programs
- Secondary School Programs
- AFL 9s
- Primary Competitions
- Secondary Competitions
- Oversee in conjunction with AFL HQ age and skill appropriate program curriculums and competition guidelines are developed and implemented across our participation product portfolio. Utilise skill and experience to recommend innovations and improvements that keep AFL ahead of competitors in market
- Coordinate achievement of the Auskick 2.0 National deliverables across the Game Development network including;
- Manage the National Check-in process and 100% achievement across NSW/ACT
- Ensure regional education and implementation of new curriculum
- Implement age-appropriate curriculum across the after-school network
- Become a technical expert in the required curriculum and the implementation of Levels 1, 2 and 3 and provide support to the Game Development team to implement with Club and volunteer network to ensure any troubleshooting
- Manage and coordinate the annual training and development calendar for the Casual Development Workforce in conjunction with our seven major regions. Oversee the following;
- Create and implement a state-wide core-competencies evaluation
- Coordinate the development of core competencies training modules
- Assess the current competencies of the network and in conjunction with regional team create and deliver best-in-class training models to upskill the network – minimum of three times per year per region
- Execute on-the-job check-ins to ensure quality of delivery is consistently maintained
- Manage and implement the state-wide AFL NSW/NSW/ACT Teacher PD program and continue to drive growth and engagement in this program
- Engage and build relationships with the stakeholder network to achieve organisation growth priorities in our key segments – specifically focused on schools
- Other special projects as required
OUR IDEAL TEAM MEMBER
- Ability to engage and build relationships with a wide range of people from all areas of the AFL Network both internal and external
- Ability to implement new initiatives and programs
- Well-developed verbal and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Highly competent IT skills, specifically Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and experience with large multi-layered databases
- Ability to draw on experience and/or management skills
- Proven capabilities in strategic planning and general knowledge of the AFL’s core development objectives.
- Quality control experience
- Understanding of customer experience principals and/or previous experience in a customer experience role
- Understanding of school curriculum and systems
- Tertiary qualifications in Teaching, Sports Coaching, Recreation or Education or equivalent depth of experience.
- Good understanding of the Sport Development network and school programs in NSW/ACT.
- Specific experience within the education sector
- Experience in the development and delivery of entry level sport programs resulting in participation growth.
- We believe in a Healthy Mind, Healthy Body and Healthy Workplace and our staff have access to an extensive Health and Wellbeing program
- My Development – all employees have access to the AFL’s My development program which consists of on the job training, coaching and mentoring and formal learning.
- AFL Staff Footy Memberships – easy access to the game, staff can share these with family and friends
- My Benefits – staff have access to over 350 discounts with some of the biggest retailers and the AFL’s Corporate Partners
HOW TO APPLY
Closing Date: Friday, 18 January 2019