At Melbourne Girls Grammar, we believe that an exceptional education for life provides not only academic skills and attributes, but also emotional and physical wellbeing. Our sustained focus is therefore on making girls’ wellbeing central to the school experience.
Melbourne Girls Grammar is seeking a passionate and experienced Head of Netball to develop, manage and deliver a leading school-based netball program with an emphasis on enjoyment, long-term participation, age-appropriate development and supporting students to perform to their best.
The Head of Netball will work throughout the year (Term 1 – Term 4) to support both GSV and Saturday Netball, and includes the provision of high quality coaching as well as operational and administration components.
The primary purpose of the MGGS netball program is to inspire all students to lead a physically active and healthy life by providing them with a graduated program which considers competitive and performance pathway opportunities as well as a recreational netball for life component.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing a netball program for Years 5 – 12;
- Managing annual training/competition schedules and coaching rosters;
- Assistance with program literature and information (e.g. handbooks, season planners, coach guidebook, educational material);
- Providing high quality netball coaching;
- Managing and mentoring the cohort of casual netball coaches, including recruitment when required;
- Attending weekly training and all GSV netball competitions (Term 2).
- Assisting with the promotion and marketing of program information to internal and external communities;
The successful candidate will have:
- Netball coaching accreditation
- Minimum of 5 years’ netball coaching experience;
- Demonstrated experience managing a netball program or similar;
- A passion for netball and providing opportunities and positive experiences for children to get involved;
- Strong organisational skills, a customer service orientation and flexibility with working hours;
- Current Netball Victoria Membership;
- Current Senior First Aid and CPR Certificate; and
- Current Victorian Working with Children Check
This position is casual, as the hours per week will fluctuate depending on GSV and MGGS events. An indicative estimate according to academic term can be provided upon application.
Candidates must be available to work Saturdays.
Please view the Position Description for further details about this role.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply:
Applicnts must hold or prior to commencing be willing to obtain a current and valid Victorian Working With Childrens Check.
Applications close: 5.00pm, Friday 14 December 2018