The Artemis Centre is the epicentre of the wellbeing agenda at Melbourne Girls Grammar. We have a proud tradition of being at the forefront of girls participating in sport. The facility cements our proactive agenda of promoting diverse sporting opportunities and participation for all Melbourne Girls Grammar girls.
Melbourne Girls Grammar seeks an experienced and passionate casual Swimming Coach to provide high quality coaching and learning experiences in skill and athletic development across the newly established Artemis Aquatics Swimming Club, and the MGGS School Swimming Teams that compete in GSV and SSV competitions.
The primary purpose of the MGGS Swimming Program is to inspire all students to lead a physically active and healthy life by teaching them fundamental movement skills in a fun, safe, inclusive and enjoyable environment. In consultation with the Head Swimming Coach, you will assist to organise and develop programs that facilitate the development and progression of swimmers.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced coach and bring the latest knowledge of current trends and professional practices in coaching principles and methodology. The ideal candidate must also hold a Bronze License Coaching Qualification (or be willing to work towards gaining this accreditation) as well as current Senior First Aid Certificate and CPR certificate.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
- High level interpersonal and problem solving skills with the ability to work in an inclusive, fun and productive learning environment;
- Strong attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Quality customer service focus;
- A passion for swim coaching and providing engaging learning experiences for students.
Please view the Position Description for specific details about this role, including key responsibilities.
Employment with Melbourne Girls Grammar is subject to school policies including the Child Safety Policy, Child Safety Code of Conduct and Child Safety Statement as listed below.
Child Safety Statement: Melbourne Girls Grammar
- has zero tolerance for child abuse
- actively works to listen to and empower children
- has systems to protect children from abuse, and will take all allegations and concerns very seriously and responds to them consistently in line with the organisation's policies and procedures
- is committed to promoting physical, emotional and cultural safety for all children
- is committed to providing a safe environment for all children
How to Apply
Applicants must hold or prior to commencing employment or be willing to obtain a current and valid Victorian Working with Children’s Check.
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 4 January 2019