Netball holds a unique position in the Australian sporting landscape. It is a sport with significant and long held participation rates that are the envy of many other Australian sports. It is widely held to be the women's sport in Australia. In fact, eight out of ten Australian families have had some involvement with netball; either through playing, volunteering, coaching or assisting in the administration of the sport. Netball Australia is the national body for Netball in Australia.
Our vision is that every Australian values their connection with Netball.
Netball Australia operates as a company under Memorandum & Articles that are resolved by the Netball Australia State and Territory Organisations (Member Organisations.
Netball is at a turning point in its evolution as a leading sport in Australia, as it walks the line between its historical amateur status and the full professionalism of its athletes. While the sport continues to be supported by the Sport Australia, netball is poised to fully leverage its key commercial products of Suncorp Super Netball, and the Australian Diamonds.
Our Values & Behaviours:
Respect - We are honest, care for, acknowledge and are empathetic with each other.
Excellence - We set clear benchmarks, enabling us to be outcome focused through an innovative, people centered approach to our work.
Agility - We work in an adaptive environment, and encourage each other to continuously learn, make brave decisions while remaining risk aware.
Team - We work collaboratively, support one another, ensuring we have aligned and clear goals we achieve together.
Our Values are supported by:
- Clear and Open Communication
- Empowerment of NA Staff
- Productive Partnerships
- Clear and Consistent Operating Systems
- A Clarity of Purpose and Integrated Planning
An opportunity has arisen for an Operations Manager for the Suncorp Super Netball national league. This full time permanent role is primarily responsible for driving the operational planning and delivery of Suncorp Super Netball (SSN); the world's premier domestic professional netball league.
With a strong focus on stakeholder management, the SSN Operations Manager will contribute to ensuring the organisation achieves its business objectives faster, with less risk and at a lower cost or greater revenue by improving how systems operate and information is recognised, shared, and acted upon.
This position will assist with other activities where required that are within the employee's skills and capabilities.
The position incumbent will possess a high level of:
- People management and development, and effective relationship building.
- Motivation to inspire, empower and enable others.
- Working as a team to achieve the organisation's objectives.
- Interpersonal, engagement and communication capabilities.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and resilience.
- Political acumen, initiative and pro-active problem solving.
- Minimum four (4) years' experience in a related field of employment
- Demonstrated experience working in a high-performance environment
- Experience in budget interpretation and understanding, program/project/line and contract management, working with Government agencies/authorities, policies, and funding programs
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Current Victorian driver's licence
- Current Working with Children Check
If you would like a copy of the Position Description please email the request to email@example.com