About the Role
The primary function of the position is the delivery of Netball NSW programs to schools, within the community and Regional League competitions to increase participation and membership for Netball within the Northern Inland region of NSW.
This role is a permanent part time contracted maternity leave position with a start date from February 2019 – Friday 4th October 2019. This role is 25 hours per week.
In this your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver clinics and coordinate gala days in schools and in the community
- Develop relationships with local community groups, government bodies and commercial organisations to identify and implement programs that meet the needs of the community.
- Coordinate and deliver the Netball NSW Schools Cup competition.
- Raise the awareness of netball within the region and enhance the development of netball in all areas pertaining to the sport development unit.
- Facilitate Regional League Competitions.
- Conduct evaluations and provide written reports to the Regional Development Manager.
Our Ideal Candidate
You will have a current Foundation Netball Coaching accreditation (or willing to obtain) and proven experience in a coaching role.
In addition, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong affinity to the Netball NSW brand and culture
- Experience in the planning, development and implementation of sport and recreation
programs, in particular netball.
- Knowledge of issues relevant to disadvantaged groups within the community.
- Sound Administration and MS Office Skills
- A "people person" with great communication and interpersonal skills
- The ability to use your initiative and work autonomously
- A valid car driver’s license is required
- A Current employee Working With Children Check
- First Aid Certificate highly desirable
Travel is required within NSW Northern Inland Regional areas both during weekends and for some extended stays during the week. Netball NSW value a healthy work-life balance, weekend work will be compensated for through a Time in Lieu program.
About Netball NSW
Netball NSW is a not-for-profit organisation and is the peak state sporting organisation responsible for the governance, development, promotion and administration of netball throughout New South Wales.
Netball NSW provides the framework for over 114,000 registered members and over 200,000 school children to participate in and enjoy netball at all levels of performance throughout New South Wales. Our sport continues to grow both on and off the court and much of this success can be attributed to the wide range of programs, facilities and services Netball NSW offers to its members and participants - from the grassroots level through to the elite.