Cricket Tasmania is seeking an experienced and dynamic General Manager to lead our Marketing and Commercial team and grow the Hobart Hurricanes brand in Tasmania!
Reporting to the CEO, you will be a key part of Cricket Tasmania’s executive team and play a critical role in the delivery of Cricket Tasmania’s overall strategic objectives.
You will be responsible for leading the off field strategy and vision for the Hobart Hurricanes, as well as overseeing the organisation wide marketing, commercial and brand management strategies for the Cricket Tasmania, Hobart Hurricanes and Blundstone Arena brands. This includes:
- Driving the relationship between Cricket Australia and the Hobart Hurricanes across the BBL, marketing, communication and commercial streams
- Work collaboratively with the General Manager - High Performance and General Manager – Events and Operations to drive the desired strategic and operational outcomes for the Hobart Hurricanes
- Maximising the ‘match day experience’ for Hurricanes fans and growing key revenue streams such as attendance, membership and sponsorship
- Manage the sales and return on investment of all key partnerships at Cricket Tasmania including the achievement of specific revenue growth targets
To be successful in this role you will bring:
- Extensive leadership experience in a general management role
- Significant experience in marketing, sales and business development
- The ability to manage and lead through conflicting strategic priorities
- Strong commercial acumen, with experience in managing complex budgets
- An innovative mindset, with the ability to think big!
- Previous relevant experience in a sporting environment is preferred, but not essential
The Hobart Hurricanes is an exciting, family friendly entertainment proposition, that you have the opportunity to influence. If you thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment, the General Manager Hobart Hurricanes position may just be the perfect fit.
Apply today to create your legacy in the expansion of the Big Bash League in Tasmania and Australia!