Purpose of the position:
The role of the Sports Coach is to share knowledge and understanding of game specific skills and develop student affiliation towards sport and athletic pursuits.
This role will carry out the responsibilities of the position as detailed below, in a fashion and manner which is consistent with the School’s Mission Statement and Educational Philosophy as recorded in the Handbook. It is vital that contact with staff, students, parents and visiting schools be in a positive and purposeful manner that contributes to the honourable image of the School and the ideals of School sport.
As the Sports coach is required to mark the roll using a mobile device, the cost of the mobile device data required to undertake this activity has been included in the above award hourly rate paid to coaches.
It is an expectation of the School that our coaches present themselves in a professional manner. Sporting attire must be modest and adhere to WHS sun-safe requirements and where possible should include a Trinity issued polo shirt and plain coloured shorts or pants.
- Working in close collaboration with and under the direction of the Sportsmaster and Sports Directors:
- Prepare and deliver appropriate and engaging services and coaching sessions in line with the School’s ethos.
- Act as the point of contact for all students, parents and other staff in regards to the specifically assigned activity and related matters.
- Prescribe and actively support inclusive and age appropriate knowledge and skill development for the students.
- Provide appropriate training and practice on warm-up and cool-down routines for students to minimize injury risks
- Work collaboratively with the Sportsmaster, Sports Directors, Masters’-in-Chage (MIC) and other staff, to encourage a positive experience outside of the classroom.
- Provide feedback through the appropriate channels of programme, student achievement and peer coach development, results and team changes.
- Assist with the functional operations of the Sports Prograrmme at Trinity
- Unpack storage sheds and set up activities and drills prior to training commencing
- Mark attendance rolls and update MIC on team selection
- Pack up equipment, clean area and appropriately place equipment in storage areas, adhereing to Workplace, Health and Safety guidelines as relevant.
- Provide recommendations for new equipment that may be required to improve programme outcomes.
- Attend all Saturday and additional fixtures for your assigned group / team.
- Adhere to the Trinity Grammar School Code of Conduct and engender a commitment to the Code in all Sport members
- Follow up with the School Nurse regarding any reported injuries from the training sessions.
- Liaise with all supervisors on student absences and, with the assistance of the Sportsmaster, administer the Discipline Procedures as appropriate
- Demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills at all times.
Personal Qualities and Requirements
Academic / Professional Qualifications
- Valid NSW Working with Children Check
- Current Senior First Aid and/or CPR and Emergency Care Certificate
- Formal training in Coaching in relevant (or related) sport
Work Experience and skills
- Knowledge and/or experience in the provision of sports program
- Ability to demonstrate leadership of team coaching initiatives
Personal Qualities / behavioural traits
- Excellent organisational skills
- Efficient administrative skills
- High level communication skills
- High level interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience in effectively managing challenging conversations
Trinity Grammar School is one of Sydney’s leading boys’ schools with an outstanding academic heritage and enviable facilities. Alongside the Higher School Certificate, the School offers the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma.
We have a unique opportunity for a number of enthusiastic casual sports coaches to twork within our Primary School Sports program. In addition to the coaching, the candidate may be actively involved in the diverse sports programme across the School from Kindergarten to Year 12, challenging students to reach their full potential both inside and outside of the classroom.
The mission of Trinity Grammar School is to provide a thoroughly Christian education for its boys, imparting knowledge and understanding of the world we live in, and recognising the importance of spiritual qualities in every sphere of learning and living. The School actively encourages its students to grow in wisdom and stature and in favour with God and man.