Melbourne Sports & Aquatic Centre (MSAC) is an international sporting venue, located in Albert Park. Housed within the elite training facility, are state of the art aquatic and multi-sport courts & training facilities, function spaces and the offices of a number of state sports organisations. State Sport Centres Trust also manages Lakeside Stadium and State Netball & Hockey Centre (Parkville).
Each year, our venues attract over 2.5 million visitors who use our facilities to train, compete, recover or spectate – so this genuinely your chance to make a difference!
The Programs Manager will oversee all Children’s Services (inc creche, Swim School and Children's Programs) at Melbourne’s biggest Sports and Aquatic Centre! The position requires someone who can think outside the box and has an entrepreneurial flair. The key focus will be to help grow the profitability of our existing programs (Swim School, School Holiday Program, Birthday parties, creche) as well as conceptualize, create and bring to life programs which maximise our utilization for the facility, create revenue opportunities and provide a platform to increase participation.
Managing a team of people, your key skills will need to be your ability to generate programs (this can include everything from developing corporate/lunchtime programs, coordinating social competitions and teenage programs), complete the feasibility studies, get involved in the detail to bring it to life, build relationships, and then oversee the launch the programs. You will have the ability to run it from end to end, so you need to be someone who loves seeing things through and being there on the ground.
Your key objectives will be:
- To establish and deliver a range of competitive and social sports programs across our three facilities – including stadium, aquatic, athletics and multi-sport programs, that are commercially viable and add value to our business and stakeholders
- To build and maintain relationships across all departments to help you to bring the programs to life
- To work with the Marketing team to create marketing plans and develop collateral to promote programs
- To be the first point of contact for program participants
- To review and monitor the success of programs through a range of measures such as financial result, participation numbers and customer satisfaction
Ideally we would like you to have come from a Sports Programs, Education background or similar where you have excelled in a similar role developing and running programs. Ideally you will hold a qualification in Business/ Commerce/ Sports Management (or similar).
With your great communication, customer service and relationship building skills, you’ll be working closely with a range of stakeholders. In addition to your proven people management skills, you need to be adept at managing multiple projects, and understand how to manage a busy workload while remaining calm, professional and solutions-focused.
This is a full time role but given that these programs will be run across weekdays, evenings and weekends, it is essential that you are flexible in how you are able to structure your working week.