- Two Year Fixed Term Contract
- Based at the South Australian Sports Institute (SASI), Adelaide
The Australian Paralympic Committee (APC) supports and enhances all Australian Para-athletes who aspire to be Paralympians and in doing so, inform and inspire all Australians. Our key focus is to support Paralympians and Para-athletes’ in their chosen sport as well as foster their career paths.
In partnership with the South Australian Sports Institute (SASI), the Australian Paralympic Committee has an opportunity for an experienced Para Strength and Conditioning Coach. This role will report to the General Manager for Performance although will also work closely with SASI’s Strength and Conditioning Discipline Lead, Sports Program Head coaches and support service team members. This is a two-year fixed term contract.
To be successful in this role you will:
- be a key developer and influencer to building high quality strength and conditioning programs to enhance our para athlete’s performance
- have a genuine passion to coach and share techniques and methodologies for others to succeed
- be degree qualified in sport science (or equivalent)
- be resilient and have a solution focused mindset
- have experience in a similar role
- hold a Level 1 ASCA qualification (or equivalent
This is a great opportunity to work with Paralympic athletes in an elite, performance focused friendly team environment.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to an outstanding and unique Australian sporting organization with an exemplary record of success on the world stage.