The Account Manager will:
- Play a key role in the fulfillment of IRONMAN’s contractual obligations to government and corporate partners for assigned events.
- Manage the renewal process for assigned partners, including development of proposals and contract negotiation in line with Commercial growth targets.
- Proactively work to identify, attract and secure new event sponsors at all levels in line with Commercial targets.
- Manage the government reporting process, including post event, progress reports and coordinating information for milestone payments for assigned partners.
- Maintain regular contact with assigned government partners throughout their agreement terms, in order to monitor and review milestones and to identify any areas for concern in advance.
- Collaborate with the Operations, Athlete Services and Marketing Departments to manage all deliverables within partner’s agreements and to maximise partnership opportunities at events.
- Manage regular contact with partners throughout their agreement terms, in order to monitor and review contractual benefits and to proactively present leverage ideas to effectively deliver against set objectives.
- Work with the Marketing and Athlete Services Departments to deliver sponsor branding and coordinate branding approvals from high level partners.
- Prepare and/or coordinate online partner content for websites, enewsletters and athlete information guides.
- Work with the Functions and Productions Manager to ensure Partner VIP requirements are met at nominated events.
- Work with the Expo Coordinator to ensure Sponsor expo requirements are met at nominated events.
- Develop post event reports and debrief with partners.
Minimum 4 years of experience in a sponsorship account management/or related role.
- Outstanding client relationship management skills.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and within required deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills, time management and attention to detail.
- Professional, enthusiastic, personable and able to work well with other team members.
- A high level of computer skills.