November News from Sportspeople
Welcome to the latest e-news from Sportspeople. In this issue we outline:
- Recent Sportspeople Recruitment Appointments
- Sportspeople Recruitment Current Vacancies
- 2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey - CLOSED!
- Acknowledging unsuccessful applications
- Fast Facts from October 2017
- Latest Learning Advertisements
- More ways to connect with Sportspeople
We are pleased to announce the following recent appointments:
- Campaign Consultant - High Performance Sport New Zealand - Adrian Blinco
Don't forget you can announce your appointments as well and see recent Sportspeople Recruitment and other industry appointments at the "Who got that job?" page at the Sportspeople website.
Sportspeople Recruitment Current Vacancies
The following roles are currently available through Sportspeople Recruitment:
Chief Executive - Squash New Zealand
- National Sport Organisation, Commonwealth Games Sport
General Manager - Adelaide Thunderbirds & Elite Pathways - Netball South Australia
- The leading women's participation sport in Australia
High Performance Athlete Development Consultant - High Performance Sport NZ
- National Sport Organisation
High Performance Director - South Australia - Golf South Australia
- Drive High Performance across South Australia
The following positions have now closed and are progressing through the recruitment cycle:
- Executive Officer (Interim) - Golf Management Australia
- Senior Manager - Education and Pathways - Gymnastics Australia
- Membership Manager - Bicycle NSW
You can view all of these roles at the Sportspeople Jobs Market. In addition to roles being filled by Sportspeople Recruitment, you'll also find other vacancies in the sport, fitness, aquatics, coaching, venues, events, leisure and lifestyle sector at the Sportspeople Jobs Market.
2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey - CLOSED!
Thank you to all who participated in the 2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey. The research team at LaTrobe University are currently compiling the data and will be publishing the findings as soon as possible.
Way back in our September 2013 e-news our article “The importance of acknowledging unsuccessful applications” generated a significant amount of discussion from job seekers and employers alike.
What was clearly evident from this banter is the frustration a job seeker faces when their application is either not acknowledged or they are simply are not advised of the outcome. Job seekers have also expressed their disappointment at the statement “only successful candidates will be contacted” seen in some job advertisements, which in our view at least, is both discourteous and lazy.
A few small steps can ensure you treat each candidate with care and respect.
- Firstly, acknowledging receipt of the application (even via a simple auto-responder) can give the candidate piece of mind their application has been received, and also saves them from a follow up phone call to check.
- Secondly, ensure you remove any advertising for roles once they've been filled to save candidates from unnecessarily applying.
- Thirdly, notify candidates as quickly as possible when his or her application is unsuccessful, ensuring you thank the candidate for taking the time to apply and for their interest in the role.
- Finally, if a candidate asks for specific feedback, be honest as to where they were lacking compared to the successful candidate and what you feel they can do to improve their chances of securing a similar role in the future.
Regardless of the outcome of his or her application, these small steps will ensure each candidate can take away a positive image of both the employer and the recruitment process.
That’s why, when our Sportspeople Recruitment team often receives e-mails such as this one from an unsuccessful candidate, we know we must be doing something right...
“I would like to say how nice it is to actually receive a ’Thanks but no thanks’ note … a rarity these days … and all the more special to have one so nicely phrased !!! If I am to receive more of these in the weeks to follow, long may they all share the same message. So, thanks again.”
We are all pressed for time, however the investment of responding to each and every applicant will make a world of difference in terms of your brand as an employer.
Here are some fast facts from Sportspeople's Jobs Market activity in October 2017:
Top Sportspeople Jobs Market Advertisers
- Belgravia Leisure
- Hornsby Shire Council
- Leonards Advertising
- PCYC - NSW
- Tennis Australia
- Touch Football Australia
Most viewed Sportspeople Jobs Market advertisements
- Assistant NRL Strength and Conditioning Coach - South Sydney Rabbitohs
- Part Time Assistant Coach - Newcastle Knights
- Performance Competitions Operations Coordinator - Netball Queensland
- Junior Strength and Conditioning Coach - Newcastle Knights
- Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach - Chiefs
- Fan Engagement Coordinator - Sydney FC
- Talent Management Executive - Professional Footballers Australia
- US College Sport Talent Agent - NSR Australia & NZ
- Program Coordinator - Bowls NSW
- Director of Rugby - GPS Rugby Club Incorporated
Latest Learning Advertisements
Remember: Listing at Sportspeople Learning is now FREE! There are currently over 500 courses, programs and professional development activities listed at Sportspeople Learning. A selection of the latest advertisers include:
To view all listed courses, programs and activities please visit Sportspeople Learning.
More ways to connect with Sportspeople
Do you want to connect with others in the sport, fitness, aquatics, leisure, coaching, venues and events community? Join us the following ways:
Here you can join in on discussions and polls on a range of topics, and be updated on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople.
Read our tweets on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople.
Keep up to date with the latest jobs available, insider tips and updates from Sportspeople.
Here you can join in on discussions and polls on a range of topics, and be updated on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople, all in your LinkedIn newsfeed!
Sportspeople Recruitment also manages a number of "Groups" on LinkedIn, open exclusively to industry professionals who meet the joining criteria:
LinkedIn - Marketing, Communications, Digital Media & Sponsorship Professionals
Sportspeople - Register as a Job Seeker
A Sportspeople Job Seeker Registration is free and completing the on-line form takes around 2 minutes. Once registered you’ll be on your way to joining Australia's and New Zealand's largest on-line community for the sport, fitness, aquatic, coaching, venues, events, leisure and wellness sector.
If you would like to find out more about Sportspeople or any of our services, please contact us on FREECALL Australia 1800 634 388 or FREECALL New Zealand 0800 634 388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Team
Sportspeople Pty Ltd