October News from Sportspeople
Welcome to the latest e-news from Sportspeople. In this issue we outline:
- Recent Sportspeople Recruitment Appointments
- Sportspeople Recruitment Current Vacancies
- LAST CHANCE to participate in the 2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey!
- Sportspeople Recruitment's 175th CEO assignment
- Sportspeople partners with the Business of Sport Summit for 5th consecutive year
- Fast Facts from September 2017
- Latest Learning Advertisements
- More ways to connect with Sportspeople
We are pleased to announce the following recent appointments:
- General Manager - Sport Wellington - Michael Woodside
- Chief Executive Officer - High Performance Sport New Zealand - Michael Scott - click here for press release
Don't forget you can announce your appointments as well and see recent Sportspeople Recruitment and other industry appointments at the "Who got that job?" page at the Sportspeople website.
Sportspeople Recruitment Current Vacancies
The following roles are currently available through Sportspeople Recruitment:
Membership Manager - Bicycle NSW
- State Sporting Organisation with over 20,000 members and supporters
Commercial Partnerships Executive - Bulldogs Rugby League Club
- Iconic Sport Business
The following positions have now closed and are progressing through the recruitment cycle:
- Campaign Consultant - High Performance Sport New Zealand
- Executive Officer (Interim) - Golf Management Australia
- Senior Manager - Education and Pathways - Gymnastics Australia
You can view all of these roles at the Sportspeople Jobs Market. In addition to roles being filled by Sportspeople Recruitment, you'll also find other vacancies in the sport, fitness, aquatics, coaching, venues, events, leisure and lifestyle sector at the Sportspeople Jobs Market.
LAST CHANCE to participate in the 2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey!
People working and volunteering in sport, fitness and aquatics jobs in Australia and New Zealand are being called upon to participate in a national survey mapping employment and salary trends for the sector.
The 2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey is managed by recruitment agency and job board operator Sportspeople, in conjunction with La Trobe University's Centre for Sport and Social Impact. The 2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey is supported by a number of key industry partners including:
- Australian Leisure Facilities Association
- Australasian Leisure Management
|- Sport NSW
- WA Sports Federation
The support of our Survey Partners is acknowledged and greatly appreciated. Each of these organisations has made a commitment to promote the 2017 Sportspeople Workplace Survey to their constituents and membership, an integral part of the success of the data collection process. The Survey aims to provide a snap shot of remuneration levels, workplace trends and practices within the sport, fitness and aquatic sector in Australia and New Zealand. The survey will take approximately 5-10 minutes for you to complete. Data gained from the survey is confidential and will only be used in a pooled form. Results will be published by Sportspeople and La Trobe University in late 2017. To participate click here.
While CEO positions, by volume at least, do not comprise the largest part of our recruitment division, the Chief Executive role with High Performance Sport New Zealand marks Sportspeople Recruitment's 175th CEO assignment.
In comparison to any other agency operating in Australia or New Zealand in this sector, in the last 12 months alone Sportspeople Recruitment:
- advertised and filled more recruitment assignments than all other industry specialists combined;
- advertised and filled more than twice as many CEO assignments;
- recruits across a broader client base (nearly 150% as many sports).
No job is too big or too small and we ensure to tailor our approach for the needs of each client. ;With prices for Sportspeople Express starting from only $4,000 (plus GST) why not give Sportspeople Recruitment a call next time you have a role you want to fill? FREECALL 1800 634 388 (Australia) or FREECALL 0800 634 388 (New Zealand).
Sportspeople partners with the Business of Sport Summit for 5th consecutive year
Delivered by sports executives, for sports executives, the 7th annual Business of Sport Summit is a powerful opportunity to uncover the latest trends and tactics fuelling the business of sport. Sportspeople is pleased to advise we are a SILVER SPONSOR of BOSS 2018.
Given the close association Sportspeople has with a large number of the speakers and guests over the years, the decision to continue our relationship with BOSS into 2018 was simple. One of the greatest endorsements of Sportspeople’s recruitment success is to see the candidates we place making a recognised, positive and long lasting contribution to their employers and more broadly, the industry at large. So to see a large number of our placed candidates speaking at BOSS over the years provides us a great sense of satisfaction. Additionally, the majority of organisations represented at BOSS utilise either the Sportspeople Recruitment or Sportspeople Jobs Market services.
Join us at Australia’s largest and most influential event for the sports industry. Book your place today! As a Sportspeople Registered Job Seeker, you can save 10% on the earlybird price when using the code SP10!
Fast Facts from September 2017
Here are some fast facts from Sportspeople's Jobs Market activity in September 2017:
Top Sportspeople Jobs Market Advertisers
- Belgravia Leisure
- Tennis Australia
- Leonards Advertising
- Virgin Active Australia
- Kingston City Council
- Cricket NSW
Most viewed Sportspeople Jobs Market advertisements
- AFL / NEAFL (NT, QLD, NSW) - Casual / Part-Time Crew - 2018 Season Champion Data
- Development Manager - East Asia-Pacific - International Cricket Council
- Performance Manager (Pathways) - Victorian Institute of Sport
- WAFL - Casual / Part-Time Crew - 2018 Season Champion Data
- Performance Manager (Podium) - Victorian Institute of Sport
- Education Manager - Gymnastics Australia
- Seagulls Academy Manager - Wynnum Manly Seagulls RLFC
- Participation Manager - Netball Australia
- Area Manager - 6 Leisure Centres Bendigo - Belgravia Health & Leisure Group
- Mobile Swimming Instructor - Tanya's Travelling Tadpole Tuition
Latest Learning Advertisements
Remember: Listing at Sportspeople Learning is now FREE! There are currently over 500 courses, programs and professional development activities listed at Sportspeople Learning. A selection of the latest advertisers include:
To view all listed courses, programs and activities please visit Sportspeople Learning.
More ways to connect with Sportspeople
Do you want to connect with others in the sport, fitness, aquatics, leisure, coaching, venues and events community? Join us the following ways:
Here you can join in on discussions and polls on a range of topics, and be updated on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople.
Read our tweets on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople.
Keep up to date with the latest jobs available, insider tips and updates from Sportspeople.
Here you can join in on discussions and polls on a range of topics, and be updated on the latest industry trends as well as jobs and services updates from Sportspeople, all in your LinkedIn newsfeed!
Sportspeople also manages a number of "Groups" on LinkedIn, open exclusively to industry professionals who meet the joining criteria:
LinkedIn - Marketing, Communications, Digital Media & Sponsorship Professionals
Sportspeople - Register as a Job Seeker
A Sportspeople Job Seeker Registration is free and completing the on-line form takes around 2 minutes. Once registered you’ll be on your way to joining Australia's and New Zealand's largest on-line community for the sport, fitness, aquatic, coaching, venues, events, leisure and wellness sector.
If you would like to find out more about Sportspeople or any of our services, please contact us on FREECALL Australia 1800 634 388 or FREECALL New Zealand 0800 634 388 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Customer Service Team
Sportspeople Pty Ltd