April News from Sportspeople
Welcome to the latest e-news from Sportspeople. In this issue we outline:
- Recent Sportspeople Appointments
- Sportspeople Current Vacancies
- Congratulations to Sportspeople Alumni
- Welcome Scott Oakhill – Sportspeople’s newest Global Recruitment Consultant
- Upcoming Industry Conferences Supported by Sportspeople
- Fast Facts from March 2017
- Latest Learning Advertisements
- Sportspeople Trading Hours over Easter and ANZAC Day
We are pleased to announce the following recent appointments:
- Chief Executive Officer - Cricket Wellington - Cam Mitchell
- General Manager, Sport - Cycling Australia - Kipp Kaufmann
- Chief Executive Officer - Women's Bowls NSW - Daniel Gatt
- Head of Athlete Life - High Performance Sport New Zealand - Christine Arthur
- Operations Coordinator - The Sport Australia Hall of Fame - Bonnie Elliott
- Marketing & Fan Engagement Manager - Bulldogs Rugby League Club - Ivan Kraljevic
- Events & Regatta Manager - Rowing NSW - Jon Delaney
- Executive Officer - Softball Victoria - Nick Frayne - click here for press release
Don't forget you can announce your appointments as well as see recent Sportspeople and other industry appointments at the "Who got that job?" page at the Sportspeople website.
Sportspeople Current Vacancies
The following roles are currently available through Sportspeople:
Chief Executive Officer - Australian Sailing
- Stand at the helm of one of Australia’s most successful National Sporting Organisations
Membership & Ticketing Manager - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
- Iconic Sport Business
Commercial Services Executive - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
- Iconic Sport Business
Corporate Partnership Executive - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
- Iconic Sport Business
Executive Director - Triathlon New South Wales
- Lead and grow a healthy and evolving State Sporting Organisation
The following positions have now closed and are progressing through the recruitment cycle:
- Head of Performance Physiology - High Performance Sport New Zealand
- General Manager, High Performance - Netball South Australia
- Race Director - Royal Prince Alfred Yacht Club
- High Performance Director - Cycling New Zealand
- Head Squad Coach - Mingara Recreation Club - filled! announcement pending
- Tennis Centre Coordinator - Leading Community Recreation Organisation - filled! Announcement pending
You can view all of these roles at the Sportspeople Jobs Market. In addition to roles being recruited by Sportspeople, you'll also find other vacancies in the sport, fitness, aquatics, coaching, venues, events, leisure and lifestyle sector at the Sportspeople Jobs Market.
Congratulations to Sportspeople Alumni
One of the most popular pages at the Sportspeople website is the “Who Got That Job?” showing not only Sportspeople Recruitment appointments but also other key industry appointments across the sport, fitness and aquatic sector.
A few of the recent appointments tweaked our interest particularly as the successful candidate is a former Sportspeople placement and a member of the Sportspeople Alumni:
- Kate Palmer – appointed Chief Executive Officer, Australian Sports Commission. Sportspeople managed the recruitment process for Kate’s appointment as Chief Executive Officer, Netball Australia in 2006. Congratulations Kate!
- Matt Carroll – appointed Chief Executive Officer, Australian Olympic Committee. Sportspeople managed the recruitment process for Matt’s appointment as Chief Executive Officer, Yachting Australia in 2014 and presently recruiting Matt’s replacement with Australian Sailing. Congratulations Matt!
- Matthew Duck – appointed Chief Executive Officer, Western Region Football League. Sportspeople managed the recruitment process for Matthew’s appointment as Chief Executive Officer, Diving Victoria in 2014. Congratulations Matthew!
We’re often asked how many jobs have been advertised and filled through the combined resources of Sportspeople Recruitment and the Sportspeople Jobs Market. And, like every metric in the Sportspeople business, if it can be measured we’ll know the answer:
- Over the past 4 years to the end of March, 2017 Sportspeople has assisted in filling at least 6,456 positions in the sport, fitness and aquatic sector with a number still in progress and applications open. As some positions have been multiple appointments, the number is likely to exceed 7,000 over the 4 year period.
If you would like to announce an appointment you have made please email email@example.com.
Welcome Scott Oakhill – Sportspeople’s newest Global Recruitment Consultant
We are pleased to announce Scott Oakhill’s appointment as a Sportspeople Global Recruitment Consultant and extend a warm welcome to him as the newest member of Australia’s and New Zealand’s leading recruiter for the sport, fitness and aquatic sector.
Scott joins the Sportspeople team with an extensive background in both the sport and recruitment industries. Staring his career as a sports administrator at community level in the 1990's, Scott was a professional rugby coach in the USA, Ireland, and France for almost a decade, before returning to Australia in the mid 2000's to work across sports management and administration at the highest levels. He has also worked in the recruitment industry, primarily in the Construction and Property sectors.
During his time with renowned agency International Quarterback and the Queensland Rugby Union/Queensland Reds in particular, he has built a strong understanding and network within the professional sport industry, both in Australia and internationally. Currently a Director of GPS Rugby Club, Australia's largest Rugby Club, Scott brings empathy to the needs of the sport industry at all levels along with a specialist skill set developed in sports governance and recruitment.
Scott lives in Brisbane and will manage Sportspeople recruitment assignments across Australia and New Zealand.
Commenting on the appointment, Sportspeople’s General Manager Angelique Lele indicated Scott’s arrival will assist Sportspeople better manage its recruitment workload and in particular cater for the growth the business is experiencing.
“2016 was the best ever result for the Sportspeople Group and the pace hasn’t slowed, with the first three months of 2017 doubling the Sportspeople’s Recruitment activity compared to the same period in 2016. An important business pillar of Sportspeople, in place now for 21 years, is to ensure the spread of recruitment assignments across our Global Recruitment Consultants is at a level where sufficient time can be allocated to the development of the candidate group, managing these applicants and servicing the client employer.” she said.
“The Sportspeople Recruitment business has always been about achieving quality results for employers and job seekers, without any short cuts. Scott joins us at a time when we have a first class recruitment team in place here in Australia and New Zealand, our best ever in 21 years, and he’ll play an important role in servicing our existing clients and growing new markets where he has strong, established networks.” she said.
Upcoming Industry Conferences Supported by Sportspeople
Sportspeople is a proud partner of the Ministry of Sports Marketing Conference.
The Ministry of Sports Marketing Conference focusses on what’s working, what’s not and ‘what’s next’ in the international sports marketing space. Equip yourself with the latest information, network with the best of the best, and learn key execution strategies to leverage fan engagement and grow revenue.
Learn the latest market smashing strategies so you can apply them in your business! Meet, connect and partner with CEOs, CMOs, VPs, VIPs and experts that you won’t meet anywhere else. For more information and to register click here.
Sportspeople is a proud partner of The National Sports Convention.
Here are some fast facts from Sportspeople's Jobs Market activity in March 2017:
Top Sportspeople Jobs Market Advertisers
- Australian Canoeing
- Belgravia Leisure
- Canterbury City Council
- City of Cockburn
- Fit n Fast
- National Rugby League
Most viewed Sportspeople Jobs Market advertisements
- Chief Executive Officer - Football NSW
- Rugby League Data Logger - STATS LLC
- Administration Officer - Wynnum Manly Seagulls RLFC
- Education Officer - National Rugby League
- Customer Service Officers - Broadmeadows Basketball Association
- PE and Sports Administration Assistant (Traineeship) - AFL SportsReady
- Coaches / Instructors from all sports - Backyard Coach
- Umpires & Referees from all sports - School Sports Officials
- Venue Operations Coordinator, Sydney - Rugby League World Cup 2017
- Event Coordinator - Pacific School Games Adelaide 2017
Latest Learning Advertisements
Remember: Listing at Sportspeople Learning is now FREE! There are currently over 500 courses, programs and professional development activities listed at Sportspeople Learning. A selection of the latest advertisers include:
To view all listed courses, programs and activities please visit Sportspeople Learning.
Sportspeople Trading Hours over Easter and ANZAC Day
The Sportspeople International Recruitment Centre will be closed from 5.00pm Thursday 13 April and will re-open 9am Tuesday 18 April. We will also be closed on Tuesday 25 April. Messages can be left on our FREECALL 1800 634 388 (if calling within Australia) or +61 2 9555 5000 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org over this period.
Sportspeople Jobs Market – all services open throughout the Easter and ANZAC Day Holiday period. Advertisers will be able to post new roles and/or edit existing positions and job seekers will have normal access to the Sportspeople Jobs Market.
Sportspeople Learning – all services open throughout the Easter and ANZAC Day Holiday period. Advertisers will be able to post new Learning advertisements and job seekers will have normal access to the Sportspeople Learning.
From all of us at Sportspeople, thank you again for your ongoing support and wish you a Happy Easter.
If you would like to find out more about Sportspeople or any of our services, please contact us on FREECALL Australia 1800 634 388 or FREECALL New Zealand 0800 634 388 or email email@example.com
Customer Service Team
Sportspeople Pty Ltd